Global steel producer SSAB has taken the lead in reducing the carbon footprint of the steel industry and aims to launch the world’s first fossil-free steel by around 2026. But how does fossil-free steel production actually work? And what’s the difference between green steel and fossil-free steel?
SSAB has announced a fact-packed webinar on May 24 at 15:00 CEST to help attendees learn more about SSAB’s fossil-free steel production.
The webinar will answer the following questions – and lots more:
- What is fossil-free steel?
- How does fossil-free steelmaking work?
- What is the difference between green steel and fossil-free steel?
- When will it be possible for customers to buy fossil-free steel from SSAB?
- How will fossil-free steel affect the quality and performance of steels?
- What do EPDs from SSAB contain?
- Why is SSAB classed as a steel producer with one of the world’s lowest environmental impacts?
It will end with a Q&A session, where attendees can put all their questions to the experts, which include Johan Andersson, market development, SSAB Special Steels; Thomas Hörnfeldt, vice president – Sustainable Business, SSAB; and Jonas Larsson, head of Environment, SSAB Sweden.
Register for the webinar here.