Flanders is celebrating a major milestone – its 75th anniversary – in 2022.
The motor engineer and manufacturer has been developing industrial motors since the 1940s, consistently expanding and upgrading in the years since. During that time, the company created ARDVARC autonomous drill technology that has since been adopted as an industry leader.
“We’re so proud of this milestone accomplishment we’re celebrating all year. Exceptional tenure, leadership, and daily commitment to safety, quality, reliability, productivity and our company values are essential ingredients to the Flanders success story,” the company said.
Flanders has fixed and engineered motors and technology for mining and infrastructure industries all over the United States and abroad. From Evansville to Africa to Australia – it became known for our ability to tackle the biggest challenges and develop solutions.
At 75 years old, this company’s experience is storied, and our track record is solid. Some of those highlights include:
- Up to 30% productivity gains with ARDVARC Autonomous Drill Solution, when compared to manual drilling.
- 30% higher speeds for haul trucks with FLANDERS controls and upgrades to FLANDERS AC traction motors and drives.
- 12% efficiency gains for draglines with DC to AC dragline retrofits using FLANDERS controls and excavators-duty motors and drives.
- 24% productivity gains for shovels with adaptive controls and superior FLANDERS motors.
- 850+ employees across the globe and growing all the time.
“Today, we are standing on the solid foundation our history provides. But we refuse to rest. It’s not in our company’s DNA.
“We’re growing like never before. We’re expanding our scope of solutions and services. We’re employing new technology. And we’re continually raising the bar for safety, quality, reliability, and productivity,” Flanders said of its journey.
Looking ahead, CEO John Oliver stressed that its anniversary is one not many companies get to accomplish and that it has evolved into a global partner of choice, transforming vision into value.
“The future of our business is extremely positive, and we see our future expansion and growth in new products and regions, constantly diversifying and making sustainable contributions to our customers,” he said.
Source: Flanders Inc.