California-based Chevron Lubricants has rolled out its Delo TorqForce Syn FD-1 high performance, fully synthetic lubricant designed specifically for use in final drives and axles of large mining haul trucks and other support equipment.
Delo TorqForce Syn FD-1 was designed to increase performance over conventional SAE 60 TO-4 and FD-1 products and formulated to deliver maximum system protection, including:
Expanded Temperature Range
· Excellent cold weather pumpability in sub-zero/arctic operations
· Excellent extreme high temperature and severe service performance
Maximizes Equipment Life in Severe Service
· Advanced additive system minimizes wear in heavily loaded gears and bearings
· Keeps metal parts free of varnish and sludge
· Improved protection against wear, rust and corrosion
Holds up Longer for Extended Service Intervals
· Outstanding oxidation resistance at high temperatures for longer oil life
· Excellent filterability under the ISOCLEAN Certified Lubricants program
· Stability during storage periods
“We’re excited to introduce Delo TorqForce Syn FD-1 designed to maximize productivity and reliability of large mining haul trucks and support equipment,” said Chevron Lubricants Commercial Sector Manager Jason Gerig.
“Chevron strives to provide lubricants with proven performance through rigorous testing for the mining industry. Results for Delo TorqForce Syn FD-1 showed excellent gear wear protection and very strong oxidation control with minimal varnish to extend service intervals from the standard 4,000 hours to 6,000 hours and well beyond.”
Source: Chevron Lubricants